Friday, November 11, 2011

 

11:11:11 PST on 11-11-11

Veterans Day 2011.

I've been thinking of our US veterans with a grateful heart this day.

You can't see them, but I'm wearing my dad's fatigue pants from World War II. He was part of Americas Greatest Generation. The shirt is my own from my days at Fort Ord.

I wanted to document where I was and what I was doing at this interesting calendar moment. After this photo, I changed into work clothes and trimmed our western hedge in the front, where all was quiet.

Comments:
Sam watched the time like a hawk. AT 11:11:11 he got his whole science class clapping. One perk to having school on Veterans Day, a whole lot of parents had the day off and got to attend "parent's day" at the Junior High.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?