Monday, April 19, 2010

 

El Cajon Peak Revisited (Nate & Randy, thank you for the inspiring morning!)

Photos, in order of posting:

1. Nate greets the rising sun as it clears the peaks.
2 & 3. We ponder a spring along the trail.
4. After pondering, we refresh ourselves with water from the spring.
5 & 6. The yellow flowers are out in glory this week!
7. This poor white flower is in the death grasp of a parasite vine...the circle of life.
8. Nate checks the log of past hikers who reached the peak.
9. Randy sets up a group photo from the highest point on the peak.
10. Randy's photo.
11. Nate follows suit.
12. We view Mount San Jacinto, sixty miles distant.
13. I ponder my feet, planted on that highest point.
14. & 15. On the way up, I left a depression with the heel of my boot at a moist place in the trail . I wanted to see if water would accumulate for later consumption. It did accumulate, but I didn't consume it. I'll need to improve my technique if I want clear water.




















Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?